Running a Restaurant/Food Kiosk in Food Court

Question
Hello Robert,

I'm looking for a food court space either in mall or university for food kiosk. Ideally, location around Salt Lake City and nearby cities would be the first priority. Can you recommend me on how to acquire the space? Thanks.

Best regards,
Steve

Answer
Steve,
Here is a good start in salt Lake city...
http://www.10best.com/destinations/utah/salt-lake-city/shopping/shopping-centers

If you go to each of the names that I just sent you and go to their corporate website on the bottom of most of the pages you will find leasing information... I will send you some university information as well..

University of Utah Is in Salt Lake City. Most universities and schools use large corporations like chartwells,  sodexo and aramark to do their foodservice. I think it is very difficult to break into this environment. These companies are very large and are all over the country and are very proficient at this. I am not trying to discourage you rather give you some perspective.

In reference to getting into a mall environment just be very careful that your business plan is well thought out. The rents are very high and most customers look for a brands that they know. I am not sure what your niche is but maybe if you went into a higher end mall with a specialty you would have a much better experience..

I hope this was helpful

Good Luck

Rob

Running a Restaurant

Robert Lagonia