Running a Restaurant/Questions Answered by Expert Sartaj Bedi

SubjectDate Asked
Laws and Regulations for restaurent4/3/2017
  Q: Where can I find the information regarding applicable laws and regulations, legal compliance, ...
  A: Mr Saket Kothari, The principal license you need 1. Shop & Establishment license. 2. Local ...
OPENING A NEW RESTAURANT4/2/2017
  Q: I am an enthusiast who wants to start his own restaurant in Pune city. Challenges before me: 1. No ...
  A: Taking a franchise or not is a mindset. Franchise in India is undeveloped. Your assumption that they ...
Food Kiosk in Food Court4/25/2016
  Q: I'm looking for a food court space either in mall or university for food kiosk. Ideally, location ...
  A: Salt Lake City in India or USA? In any case, you need to go to to the source- the mall or ...
Interactive voice recognition system for Restaurant.4/2/2016
  Q: Do you support to implement IVR system for Restaurant?. Thanks Prashant
  A: I do and I don't. IVR system can be an over kill for a restaurant. However, they may be useful for ...
Electronic panel in Restaurants.3/13/2016
  Q: Do you feel it could be useful for customers to have a Electronic lcd or Led panel displaying ...
  A: Digital display system are useful for QSR to show case their menu. These can be used in bar as the ...
hi3/15/2013
  Q: plse send me t profit sharing ratio of 15 seater restaurant in which labour cost : food cost : ...
  A: Pankaj, Labout cost can be about 15-18% of sales, food cost can be anywahere from 20-35% of sales. ...
setting up restaurant2/6/2013
  Q: sir,i want to open new family restaurant.i own nearly two acres of land on national highway which is ...
  A: Rana, You have stated that 1. You have the money to invest in restaurant 2. You have a location 3. ...
100 sq feet kitchen12/10/2012
  Q: can i do some pasta, pizza, burger etc with a 100 sq feet kitchen if i want to operate a fast food ...
  A: In a food court operation they key factors are speed, consistency and price. Smaller the outlet more ...
Employees required10/12/2012
  Q: How many employees do I need to operate a North Indian restaurant that can seat 75 people and ...
  A: Rahul, The foll staffing will be adequate Bar- 2-3 staff Service- about 10 staff. 1 captain for ...
Should I hire delivery driver as contractor or as an employee?2/4/2012
  Q: I am considering adding delivery services to my restaurant. Should I hire the delivery as ...
  A: Sam, I will not be able comment on legal liability issues in your country. However, I have a few ...
Accounting for a restaurant11/17/2011
  Q: I would like some accounting advice regarding a restaurant. Which accounting approaches would be ...
  A: accounting accounting method is one small part of the overall control process. Accounting is also is ...
Remotely Controlling an Overseas Business11/12/2011
  Q: Good day, I just got an opportunity of taking over a small restaurant business as part of a debt ...
  A: The most important question is why you want to open a restaurant. The reason I'm asking is whether a ...
POS and Web Integration11/5/2011
  Q: I would want to integrate the menus of restaurants POS Systems with my Application.So how can I get ...
  A: What I understand you want to create a seamless integration between point-of-sale and your ...
Concept of Happy Hours9/6/2011
  Q: i run a family restaurant and bar in mumbai. We do decent business during the business hours (i.e ...
  A: Lets Say your average spend is Rs 500,foo tall for the month are 10000, your revenue earned is ...
profit sharing8/12/2011
  Q: me and a friend went into business our yearly profit was $20,250 ,he is entitled to 1/3 0f the ...
  A: Doyle, these are the facts stated by you. Yearly Profit - $20,250 Friend = 1/3 rd of profit share ...
buying indian restaurant7/25/2011
  Q: Restaurant sales $100,000 per month.rent 15,000 per month.Please advise the approx profiit margin.
  A: The information given by you is incomplete. However, I have attached a link ...
Restaurant Troubles7/3/2011
  Q: Our situation is a bit different because we are in West Africa, business here is a little bit ...
  A: I have been in a similar situation. I have seen the restaurant sales go up and then the sales go ...
Restaurant (idea)6/19/2011
  Q: Mr. Bedi I am an immigrant(Haiti) in Montreal. My community is in the restaurant business, their ...
  A: In any business the one of the things which must be done is to match customer needs and ...
Operational Partnership5/26/2011
  Q: I am a partner of a company that is into restaurant management(operations)in India.My question to ...
  A: I will attempt to answer question in parts 1) when the investor already has a running brand.. What ...
Clam broth4/8/2011
  Q: I am looking for a supplier of clam broth or if not then clam juice in India.
  A: I think your best bet will be Custom Culinary from Griffith Laboratories Ltd. They provide different ...

All Questions in This Category

Running a Restaurant

Sartaj Bedi

Top Expert on this page