Saab/location of CPS on1999 9-5

Question
where is the crankshaft position sensor on 99 9-5   2.3
This is the best car I have owned I would like to rebuild it but for now just replace the CPS...Thanks Jerry do you have an repair manual I can buy from you for this 1999 Saab 9-5

Answer
Johnny:
 As an old timer, my  hands on experience and SAAB items are pre 1993 and older, limited to the 900's only. But SAAB, being conservative, doesn't change much in their construction. On the earlier 900s, the CPS is located adjacent to the crankshaft pulley; in all probability, once you locate it, 'fishing around' will get you to the cps.
  For the very best, most comprehensive info readily available, I recommend <www.alldatadiy.com> where you can subscribe to tech data on a yearly subscription basis...approx. $25/vehicle/year, but well worth it.
   Hope this helps,
         Jerry

Saab

Jerry Schwell