Safes & Security Containers/Leftover bank equipment

Question
QUESTION: Hi Andy,
I work for a commercial real estate firm.  A bank in one of our buildings went out of business and left an ATM, night depository and a receiving chest in our building.  I need some suggestions on how to get rid of these items.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

ANSWER: Amy,

I would contact a local safe company to see if they will haul them away.   Generally we don't buy items like this - we charge to haul them away - for a couple of reasons.

Generally the ATM's are specific to the branch and/or system.   If it was left behind it is probably an older style that isn't going to be used any further.

Similarly the night depository and receiving chest are usually built for a specific installation.   while it may be used again, generally we have to tear them apart and rebuilt them for the next customer or installation.

Cost to remove them will depend on the company you contact.   If you were in the San Francisco area, we would be charging around $600 to $1000 to remove and dispose of these items.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located and I'll see who I know in your area.

QUESTION: Hi again, Andy.
Do you know of a "local" safe company in the Madison, WI area??

Answer
Amy,

Unfortunately there aren't many large safe companies in your area, but you can try the following:

Fink Lock & Safe Company
773-486-2030
2311 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL   60647

Underwood Safe & Vault Inc.
Broken Bow, OK 74728
800-642-8763
underwoodsafe@yahoo.com

Frank Zykan Safe & Vault
636-328-2929
St. Charles, MO  63301

Hope this helps,

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)