Safes & Security Containers/Leftover bank equipment

I work for a commercial real estate firm.  A bank in one of our buildings went out of business and left an ATM, night depository and a receiving chest in our building.  I need some suggestions on how to get rid of these items.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I would contact a local safe company to see if they will haul them away.   Generally we don't buy items like this - we charge to haul them away - for a couple of reasons.

Generally the ATM's are specific to the branch and/or system.   If it was left behind it is probably an older style that isn't going to be used any further.

Similarly the night depository and receiving chest are usually built for a specific installation.   while it may be used again, generally we have to tear them apart and rebuilt them for the next customer or installation.

Cost to remove them will depend on the company you contact.   If you were in the San Francisco area, we would be charging around $600 to $1000 to remove and dispose of these items.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located and I'll see who I know in your area.

QUESTION: Hi again, Andy.
Do you know of a "local" safe company in the Madison, WI area??

Unfortunately there aren't many large safe companies in your area, but you can try the following:

Fink Lock & Safe Company
2311 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL   60647

Underwood Safe & Vault Inc.
Broken Bow, OK 74728

Frank Zykan Safe & Vault
St. Charles, MO  63301

Hope this helps,

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate. NOTE: I also answer safe related questions in the Locksmith and Antique Safe Categories sections.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts top 50 experts. All Experts categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada