Safes & Security Containers/Are there other LARGE safe retail companies besides the ones i mentioned

Question
1) Roland
2) WorldWideSafe
3) Socal
4) First security safe
5) Securitysafeusa
6)ACME
7) Megasafe
8) Accu-safe
9)Dean Safe
10) Direct Safes
11) Safeandvaultstore
12) Wilson
13) Safeandvaultstore
14) Lackasafe
15) Empire

Answer
John,

No that's a pretty complete listing, though I would probably group some of the list, and some of the names I would probably scratch off.   Here are some basics on all of these companies.   They are all good companies with good people, but they are NOT all large safe companies.   just because someone sells large safes, does NOT make them a large safe company.   I would probably shorten the list to the following:

1) Roland
2) WorldWideSafe
3) Socal
5) Securitysafeusa
6) ACME
7) Megasafe
8) Accu-safe
12) Wilson
15) Empire

Rolland and SoCal Safe work very closely together.   They both have in house fabrication and installers.   Limited service tech service.   Rolland does have a nationwide data base of locksmiths and service techs that they use for necessary work.

Ray Wilson owns both Wilson Safe and ACME Safe.   Wilson Safe (and ACME as well) have been in business for over 100 years.   Wilson and Acme both have in house fabrication and installers.  Limited Service Tech services.   Wilson does have a nationwide data base of locksmiths and service techs that they use for necessary work.

Dean Safe is not a "large" safe retail company.   They have two small lock and safe shops in the LA area.   If they are offering high security safes, they are simply ordering them from one of the other companies on your list and reselling them.

Empire Safe is owned by Richard Krazalowski  and Accu-Safe is owned by Neil Krazalowski.   This family has been in the safe business since around 1904.
Empire Safe does have a nationwide data base of locksmiths and service techs that they use for necessary work.

To my knowledge Lacka Safe is simply a Warehouse/importer.   I don't believe that they actually have a service staff and/or any type of custom fabrication department.

1st Security Safe Co., advertises as having the largest showroom in the US.   In truth it isn't any larger than most of the other big companies, though it is a very nice looking showroom.   While this company indicates they have been in business since the 1920's, it doesn't appear much more than a really large locksmith shop, that also sells and delivers safes up to 7500 lbs.   No custom fabrication facilities and no dedicated service dept.

Direct Safes is simply an internet sales company.   The address they have listed is appears to be a fake listing or a mail drop only, which means that any thing purchased from this place will be drop shipped from somebody else.   Good luck with any follow-up warranty service.

Safe and Vault Store, While this company may have, at one time, been one of the larger full service companies, it appears that they have simply downsized into an internet sales only business, or even walk in business.   It does not appear that they have any type of service team or in house fabrication capabilities.

Worldwide safe & Vault is a good company to deal with though I don't believe that they do any custom in house fabrication nor do they have an in house service team.   Worldwide does have a nationwide data base of locksmiths and service techs that they use for necessary work.

Security Safe USA is an importer and has an in house custom fabricator and painter.   They have 4 in house service technicians and a full service installers and vault builders.   Security Safe USA does have a nationwide data base of locksmiths and service techs that they use for necessary work.   Security Safe USA has installed vault and blast doors up to 52 tons.

Mega Safe is a full service company with an in house custom fabricator and painter.  They have in house service technicians and a full service installers and vault builders.

Well that covers the list pretty much hope this gives you some info to work from.

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)