Safes & Security Containers/yukon gold digital gun safe

the instructions I have to change the combination for my digital lock, are not working, and now my safe is locked in the open position, how do I fix this

First off, you need to tell me "WHAT" lock that we are dealing with????   If there were only one digital lock in the world it would be easy, but there are dozens of manufacturers and each one has dozens of models, and every model has its own unique set of instructions.

Knowing the type of safe, has absolutely zero bearing on the lock.    Browning lists two different digital lock makers on their web site, as "factory" installed locks.   They are the Securam and Sargent & Greenleaf.   Both Securam and S&G have dozens of models available.

If your instructions are not working, then you may not have the correct ones for the lock that is actually installed.    If you know which lock you have, then it is a simply job for us to procure and forward the correct instructions to you.   If you don't know what lock model, it may be necessary for you to either contact the manufacturer, or the dealer that sold you the safe to figure out which lock is installed.

Question:   Have you actually tried to change the code???   And does the "old" code no longer work???

Digital locks are generally designed so that the "current" (old) code, can not be over written "UNLESS" you follow the changing sequence correctly.    What happens frequently, is that either owners don't write down their NEW code before changing the combination to ensure that they set it correctly, AND that they use it correctly, or they simply lose track and start punching buttons.
In the first case you change the combination, but for whatever reason "YOU" don't recall the numbers that were actually punched in, or like me, may have a certain amount of dyslexia, where two or more of the numbers may have been punched in wrong.    It is not unusual to simply reverse two numbers - mentally you know you used the correct numbers, but for whatever reason, they are NOT in the correct order, and/or it no longer works.
In the second case, while this is harder to do, people do get confused during the changing sequence, and punch in wrong buttons.   If this happens "BUT" the correct sequence is still performed (Notice I didn't say followed), the combination is still changed but you no longer know what it is.

In general, digital locks "DO NOT" have a magic reset, or factory number.   Some locks may have a "management Reset Code", however this would have to be installed during the original installation, AND their would need to be a record of it.    
You would have to check with the manufacturer of your safe to see if your safe came programmed with a management reset code (MRC).
Chances are, they will not give this to you over the phone, and they may require that this be performed by a trained safe technician - for obvious security and liability reasons.

The good news is that as long as the safe is open, the lock can possibly be reprogramed or replaced.

I know you wanted a little more "direct info" however without knowing what lock is installed, I can't help you much more.

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate. NOTE: I also answer safe related questions in the Locksmith and Antique Safe Categories sections.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts top 50 experts. All Experts categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada