Safes & Security Containers/circuit board for First Alert vault

Question
I have a First Alert model 2483DF. The circuit board has failed. First Alert wants to send me a new vault rather than simply replace this $.50 part. (The vault is still under warranty). This is rediculous, and it would be a lot of trouble for me to remove the old vault, remove the door for safe disposal, and install the new vault. Do you know where I can obtain a circuit board? Thank you for your assistance.

Answer
Daniel,

Sorry, but safe manufacturers and especially lock manufacturers do not sell "parts".   They sell complete units.

"IF" your safe was made by a major manufacturer, the lock would most likely be from a lock maker.   In this case, you could get a replacement "lock" as opposed to replacing the whole container.
In your case, "First Alert" containers are actually made in China by Sysco Products, and imported into the US.    This company makes the whole product.   They do not import any individual parts.

Your option, should you desire to keep your container and replace the circuit board, would be to obtain a new identical container, and then use it for donor parts to get your container operational.

Sorry, I'm in the same boat.   I have problems getting repair parts from the companies that I import from, and we have the same problems with "warranty issues".    If I sell an import safe and it has a problem or fails, I have to replace the entire unit.

I understand your frustration, but if you want a better solution, you need to buy a better container that is made in the US, with a lock which is made in the US.   Obtaining replacement parts would be much, much easier.

Again, I'm sorry I don't have a better answer, but I have the same issues with imported safes.

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)