Safes & Security Containers/Lefebure Under Counter Equipment Parts

Question
I've got a customer that has several Lefebure undercounter units that use the 18" left and right hand suspensions and they are wearing out. Are there replacement suspensions out there? The Lefebure suspension part no. for the left hand is 77-0010-6 and the right hand is 77-0009-3. Thanks, Jim

Answer
Jim,

Unless you can actually ID the manufacturer of the drawer suspensions, then the answer is no.

LeFebure was acquired by Mosler in the mid 1990's, and Mosler went bankrupt in 2001, so your looking at close to 20 years since LeFebure parts were available, under that label.

You might try Diebold to see if they have anything.   My understanding is that they did acquire some or most of the Mosler equipment during the bankruptcy or thereafter - however, I also understand that they may have disposed of much of it, so that customers would have to replace their LeFebure or Mosler equipment with Diebold items.

If you have all of the dimensions of the slides, you can check with Accuride drawer slides or a similar company to see if they have an alternative suspension or a replacement.
http://www.accuride.com/Default.asp

You might also check with any of the larger safe companies that do banking work, they might have some older under counter units - HOWEVER, usually by the time we get them, they are in pretty bad shape.   We don't usually salvage parts off of 20+ year old UC equipment.

Some of the larger companies include Rolland Safe Company, Dallas; SOCAL Safe, Los Angeles; Security Safe Co., San Francisco;  Worldwide Safe & Vault, Miami; Empire Safe, NY; Wilson Safe, Philadelphia; Underwood's Safe & Vault, Oklahoma.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)