Safes & Security Containers/wells fargo gun safe

Question
The battery is gone ( 9volt) I know it is under the keypad but don't know which way to turn it to get it off. I have arthritus in my hands which is why the stupid question. THANKS

Answer
Patti,

This isn't a stupid question at all.   I can think of a few stupid questions but this isn't the right place for them.  LOL.

The first thing we have to figure out is WHO is the manufacture of your lock.   Different makers have different methods of accessing the batteries.

Sargent & Greenleaf locks either pull straight off towards you, or they have a little trap door underneath, that pulls down.   The battery is in the tray that is exposed.

AMSEC ESL locks, have a key pad that twists slightly counter clockwise and then pull off, to reveal the batteries.

Most LaGard keypads, lift straight up the face of the safe about 1/2" and then come off in your hand, with the batteries underneath.    Some have a small trap door, with the battery tucked up inside.

If you can't easily ID the manufacturer of your lock, then I'll need to see a photo of it, to try to ID it to give you the info.    If you can't tell what you have, you may want to check with the company that sold you the safe to see what they have on other similar safes.

If you need to send a photo of the keypad to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com       and I'll see what I can come up with for you.  

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)