Safes & Security Containers/comblnation for HHM vault door

Question
Can I get a combination for an HHM vault door I have in a building I own?
Spec F3  2Y13216. SMRA rating 4hr.  Cat# 7832

Answer
Hi Wayne,

The information that you provided of the label, has nothing to do with the door, other than to indicate the "STANDARD" it was built to.    SMNA (Safe Manufacturers National Association) was a testing agency for safes, similar to UL.    

Specification "F3" indicates a fire insulated (resistive) vault door
Classification "4hr" indicates that the door would provide 4 hours of fire or heat resistance - ASSUMING that the vault was built to withstand heat as well.

As HHM has been out of business since 1959, contacting them to try to obtain an original combination is going to be rather difficult.

If the door is locked shut, then you WILL need a safe tech to open it up, to either recover the current combo or to set a new one.

Check your local yellow pages under safes & vaults for a local company.   If you don't have one, then let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I know in your area.

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)