Safes & Security Containers/Halls Safe and Lock Company

Question
Hi Terry -Thank you for your response dated 5/4/16 regarding our church's Hall safe. It will not be possible to get more detailed pictures of the safe for some time. Is it possible for you to ball park a resale value with the pictures I supplied? Thanks

Answer
Hi Lance,

Sorry, but evaluations and/or appraisals are based on the overall condition of the safe, what you have, how old it is, etc. etc. etc.

I have no way of knowing what the overall condition of your safe is as you have only provided one photo.    From the photo I can tell that the safe has been repainted, it is missing 4 of the finials (hinge acorns), and one of the handles appears damaged.

This would lead me to believe that there may be numerous other issues with the safe which would ALL provide negative values to the safe.

This is one of the reasons that I don't do "ball park values", there are too many variables with regard to condition that can affect the value.

The other main reason is that my evaluations and appraisals have to be the same regardless of who is asking.    Suppose I give you a "ball park value", and a potential buyer wants an appraisal, but does provide photos.    If the evaluation and/or appraisal doesn't match and/or isn't close to the first one, it calls into question my judgment, and neither the buyer or seller will take my evaluations seriously.

Again, while I understand the difficulty in obtaining and/or providing ALL of the required photos, without them I cannot provide you with any evaluation and/or appraisal of the safe.

If in the future you are able to obtain the necessary photos and would like me to look at the safe, I would be more than happy to take a look at them.  

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)