Safes & Security Containers/Opening my safe

Question
I have a twenty years safe made by Detroit electronic safes
It's serial number is c16073 , the batteries have died and I've lost the key! Can you
Help me get a key for this model? Or give me any help in opening my safe?
ThAnkyou for any help

Answer
Hi John,

In general, most of the small electronic type safes are all Chinese, Korean or Japanese imports, so serial numbers don't do any good, unless you can actually ID the maker.    Many times the names on the containers are simply "logo's".

I would have to see a photo of your safe, AND the key lock to see if I can offer some assistance.

My first recommendation would be to have you either take it to a local safe company to see if they can pick the lock and/or make a key for it.
If it is too large to take in to the locksmith or safe company, then you may need to have them come to you - again to pick the lock open and/or make a key to it.

Second option would be to send the requested photos to me.    While I may or may not be able to make a key for it, the only way I could guarantee operation would be with the lock in my hands.    Long distance there are simply too many variables to insure the key will fit and/or work.

I would be more than happy to take a look at the photos first though.

Safes & Security Containers

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)