Sales & Sales Management/Sales operations team organization

Question
Hi, My question is about the organizing of the sales operations team, wether it is better to be flat or management layers hierarchy! and what is the best scenario or model for a successful sales operations team?
Thanks for your share.

Answer
The answer to your question depends on the way your team handles it's sales process. If your sales people handle the entire process, from sale to delivery of the product then I would say that layers of management might hurt you and cause conflicting priorities.
If the people that sell are not the people that package and deliver the product then you would have a manager for the sales step and a manager for the delivery step. Basically as the people handling the process change you would ad a manager to each group.
I am a firm believer in having less management whenever possible and give your people as much control as you can but, as the people responsible for a segment change, you need a manager for that group.

Sales & Sales Management

Geoffrey Veit