Saltwater Aquarium/Dying Invertebrates

Doubbler wrote at 2012-12-22 19:18:08
Really..........parameters? Thats your answer? How about feeding, (what to feed, how to feed, and how often to feed?). Sounds to me like, you should not let that person back to your house, I hope you're not paying him to kill all your inverts. I have had a saltwater tank for over ten years and it's always been impossible to keep inverts alive. I have found out, (through trial and error), not from socalled experts, that diet is imperative. Obviously water condition is important too, but what you are feeding your inverts, is very critical. You must also always read the back of every chemical you throw into your tank, that crap is mostly harmful to any invert. Activated carbon is smart, always use a protein skimmer and a u.v. Sterilizer, some of the time. Back to feeding, get some algae wafers, mysis shrimp, and some gloves, or long pinchers, so you can directly feed them. Always take what the so called experts say, with a grain of salt. Than please do your own research.

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef

Technical saltwater coral reef related aquarium questions are welcome. Coral, invertebrate, and peaceful species of saltwater fish questions are welcome. Questions asked on Saturday and Sunday will be answered the following Monday. REMINDER: Please check the answers pool to see if your question has already been asked and answered. Questions typically are answered within a 48 hour period, however sometimes it may take longer.

I possess over twenty-five years of hands-on experience and knowledge in the ecology of aquariums. Beyond the traditional, I have successfully tested and sustained environments that have been uncharted territories for hobbyists, for decades. I am the first to admit I don't know it all because there will always be something new, amazing, and exciting to learn about, as discoveries are made. It's a hobby one can never outgrow, or grow tired of.

MASNA - Marine Aquarium Society of North America. Director of Orange County Reef Aquatics -

Publications,, and many others.

After High School, my experience and love of marine animals influenced me to take up studies in Marine Biology. Throughout college, I studied Microbiology with an emphasis on Marine Life, as well as numerous other sciences. I continued to advance in this hobby, by building a dozen or more saltwater ecosystems all utilizing Microbes as the major source of my filtration method.