Saltwater Aquarium/In-line heaters

Question
Hello,
I am currently planning to build a 55 gallon salt water tank. My question is regarding heaters. I am planning on buying a in-line heater rather than one that sits in the tank. My question is how efficient are they? I am also debating about buying two smaller in-line heats and putting one on the intake and outtake lines. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Answer
Eric,

Heaters are one of those things that it doesnt matter what type you get as long the heater does its job. But really, i would go as cheap as possible on the heater because its one of those pieces of equipment you can do that on. other pieces such as filtration or lighting will need to be of the best quality. as long as the heater heats the water to the desired level without any ill side affects its a win.

hope that helps.

Marcus.  

Saltwater Aquarium

marcus