Saltwater Aquarium/Lost entire aquarium

Due to huricaine Sandy I lost my whole 75 gallon live reef aquarium. Due to power outage and cold weather. My tank had around 150 pounds of live rock and soft coral. I was told the live rock maybe salivagable. I've done almost a 100% water change removed all the live sand, dead fish, pealed off the dead coral. but still have a lingering smell of death coming from the tank. I check the water paramiters and it shows we are almost stable. but i want to buy some crabs to let it start cleaning the live rock more than what I can see. Do you think its safe? If so what is the best crab for cleaning up dead stuff?

I am very sorry to hear of your misfortune due to the recent storm, the lingering smell of death is most definitely due to the massive amount of die-off of the live rock. even though most is stable now, there will still be large amounts of tissue that cannot be salvaged from the rocks that will continue to die off causing stench, and parameter swings.

buying some crabs and adding in a clean up crew is a fantastic way to start back up.  

Saltwater Aquarium

i have about 15 years of experience in the reefing hobby but have been keeping aquariums for about 20, i am up to date on all the latest equipment such as led lighting, dosers, the new tanks available such as the red sea max and i can help you with many creatures that most other people have never even kept before such as sehorses, cephs, and sharks and rays.

15 years in the reefing hobby and it has come to my attention this site needs some more informed experts.

masters degree in marine biology