Saltwater Aquarium/night creatures

Question
I already have copopods and bristleworms in my fish only tank. I now notice tentacles coming out of my live sand at night. I sour like to get some coral. Could you tell me what these things are and are they harmful

Answer
Ray,

Dont worry about it, copepods are extremely reef fridnly, and unless you have the larger variety of bristleworms (i mean the 6-10 inche ones) then they are perfectly fine as well. the tentacles coming out of the rock are most likely a very small variety of brstle star. which is also just fine for a reef tank. i would not worry about it one bit.

hope that helps!

Marcus.  

Saltwater Aquarium

marcus