Saltwater Aquarium/actinic lighting

I recently introduced some coral into my tank. Is it recommended to leave the actinic lighting on all night and does it affect the fish in the tank.  Thanks

often times the light cycle in a tank is about 12 hours, only 10 hours with the whites and actinics on because the actinics will be on an hour before and after. do not leave them on all night. a moonlight would be nice but that is purely for viewing purposes only. there is no benefit to the livestock in any way. hope that clears things up for you Ray.

Saltwater Aquarium

i have about 15 years of experience in the reefing hobby but have been keeping aquariums for about 20, i am up to date on all the latest equipment such as led lighting, dosers, the new tanks available such as the red sea max and i can help you with many creatures that most other people have never even kept before such as sehorses, cephs, and sharks and rays.

15 years in the reefing hobby and it has come to my attention this site needs some more informed experts.

masters degree in marine biology