Saltwater Aquarium/actinic lighting

Question
I recently introduced some coral into my tank. Is it recommended to leave the actinic lighting on all night and does it affect the fish in the tank.  Thanks

Answer
often times the light cycle in a tank is about 12 hours, only 10 hours with the whites and actinics on because the actinics will be on an hour before and after. do not leave them on all night. a moonlight would be nice but that is purely for viewing purposes only. there is no benefit to the livestock in any way. hope that clears things up for you Ray.

Marcus.  

Saltwater Aquarium

marcus