Saltwater Aquarium/Chocolate Chip star fish

i just got 2 chocolate chip starfish today, and i am in love with starfish. are there any other starfish that are ok in this tank with them?? we have a 75 gallon. can i put a seahorse in it with them? i have 2 small clown fish, a tomato fish, 6 damsels, i think a blennie,and a few live rocks. please email me a list or let me know.

Good morning Marissa:

Great question. Unfortunately you won't be able to keep other sea stars or other invertebrate with Chocolate chip starfish, as they would become prey.

In regards to a seahorse, these do best in pairs in a dedicated aquarium, just for them; including saltwater plants like sea-grass, that they love to hang on too while undulating in the water.

I wish you the best of luck with all your saltwater aquaruim endeavors.

David - All Experts Editor

Director of Operations - Orange County Aquarium Supplies  

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef

Technical saltwater coral reef related aquarium questions are welcome. Coral, invertebrate, and peaceful species of saltwater fish questions are welcome. Questions asked on Saturday and Sunday will be answered the following Monday. REMINDER: Please check the answers pool to see if your question has already been asked and answered. Questions typically are answered within a 48 hour period, however sometimes it may take longer.

I possess over twenty-five years of hands-on experience and knowledge in the ecology of aquariums. Beyond the traditional, I have successfully tested and sustained environments that have been uncharted territories for hobbyists, for decades. I am the first to admit I don't know it all because there will always be something new, amazing, and exciting to learn about, as discoveries are made. It's a hobby one can never outgrow, or grow tired of.

MASNA - Marine Aquarium Society of North America. Director of Orange County Reef Aquatics -

Publications,, and many others.

After High School, my experience and love of marine animals influenced me to take up studies in Marine Biology. Throughout college, I studied Microbiology with an emphasis on Marine Life, as well as numerous other sciences. I continued to advance in this hobby, by building a dozen or more saltwater ecosystems all utilizing Microbes as the major source of my filtration method.