Saltwater Aquarium/Hippo Tang

Question
I just got a Blue Hippo for my tank.. Now I knew he was a young Hippo and they said he would hide for a while.. But now I am getting worried becouse he has been hiding for over a week now and he is behind and have stuffed himself in the rock work I can just bearly see his tail..I don't think he has eaten and I am wondering should I be worried about him or will he hide a while longer still. Will he ever come out to eat or should I try to move the rocks to help him.. I would hate for anything to happen to him..    Thanks Valerie

Answer
Good morning Valerie:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would recommend to try and gently coax him out from behind the rocks to check on him. Make sure his sides are not sunken in; if they are, this is a sign that he's not eating. Try many different types of foods, until you stumble upon something that he likes.

I wish you luck with all your future saltwater aquarium endeavors.

David

All Experts - Editor.

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef