Saltwater Aquarium/identify thing in reef, fish salt water aquarium

Question
There is a long clear thing sticking up from sand bed near live rock. Can see thru it. Looks like one of those tiny thin tubes they sometimes place drops of blood inat dr. office..  It stands straight up. Looks as if it might have very tiny snails in o on it in areas.  Completely see thru .Looks to be an inch or taller.Sways with the water movement and flow. Does not appear to have anything  else growing from it or on it.

Answer
Hi Nancy:

It's probably a harmless species of tube worm. Many hobbyists consider these a welcome addition to their reef aquarium. If you have a picture, please email it to me. Thanks.

I wish you luck with all your future saltwater aquarium endeavors.

Sincerely,
David

All Experts - Editor

http://www.ocreef.com - Orange County Aquarium Supplies Director of Operations  

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef