Saltwater Aquarium/Water softener question for salt water tank

I am thinking about starting up a salt water aquarium, however one hurdle is that I have is that  I have a water softener in my house that my water runs through. I do not know if this if fine or if I need to add anything to the water to make it unharmful for my tank

Thanks James

the point of a water softener is to lower the PH of the water you drink and bathe in in your house. it supposedly makes it healthier for you or something. this makes the water PH suitable for freshwater which typically is around 7.0 whereas saltwater is between 8.0-8.5. usually adding decorations such as shells, sand, and live rock the water should already harden qhite a bit. but they also have a product on the market called PH boost that will bring it up to the proper levels.

hope that helps james.

Saltwater Aquarium

i have about 15 years of experience in the reefing hobby but have been keeping aquariums for about 20, i am up to date on all the latest equipment such as led lighting, dosers, the new tanks available such as the red sea max and i can help you with many creatures that most other people have never even kept before such as sehorses, cephs, and sharks and rays.

15 years in the reefing hobby and it has come to my attention this site needs some more informed experts.

masters degree in marine biology