Saltwater Aquarium/None

Question
Hi, I have some questions for you about saltwater aquariums.

1. I heard that saltwater aquariums are wasier to care for when they are larger, so I'm thinking about getting a huge aquarium, I mean very huge like 30,000 plus gallons. But I live in a city far away from the coast so how do add so much salt in my aquarium?

2. After how much time, would I have to change the water of my aquarium?

3. Can a shark live in such an aquarium? Not G.W.S for sure but the smaller sharks like Nurse shark etc.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Jem:

See the answers to your questions below.

1.  Yes, the general rule of thumb is the larger the aquarium, the more stable the water parameters are to maintain. You can purchase synthetic sea salt commercially.

2.  Water changes are based on bio-loads, bio-loads are based on the quantity of fish and/or coral you have.

3. Yes, many species of shark can be kept in captivity, like the Bambo shark.

Thanks.

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef