Saltwater Aquarium/Snowflake Eel annoyed by Fry

Question
QUESTION: Hi David,  I saw that you have a special affection for Snowflakes so thought I would direct my question to you:)  I have noticed my eel was not quite right over the past few days, and now have perhaps seen why.... he is being nipped by baby fish that have materialised in the tank.  He is flinching with every bite.  They probably came with the water I have delivered as the only other fish in this tank is a Sailfin Trigger.  
Once I discovered this scenario I tried putting a piece of food nearby in the hope it would distract the fry, but other than this do you have any suggestions to help my Snowflake (called Frankie by the way!).
He has also more recently lost one of his yellow feelers, is this a sign of ill health and will it grow back?
Thankyou for your time.

ANSWER: Hi Carolyn:

Your snowflake eel losing one of his yellow feelers is a definite sign of stress and rapidly deteriorating health; if you remove him from the aquarium and put him in another aquarium to restore his health, the feeler should grow back.

I would recommend to immediately remove the baby fish as soon as possible, to restore your eels resident aquarium.

Regards.

QUESTION: Thankyou for your prompt reply...do you have any suggestions as to how I remove the fry?  It is a large tank and they tend to hide within the rocks :(   I dont have a spare aquarium to move him into.

Answer
Hi Carolyn:

Besides emptying the aquarium, you could try to catch them with a trap. See the following web page below, to see an example of a fish trap.

http://www.ocreef.com/acrylic_fish_and_pest_trap_6_inches_x_4_25_inch_opening

David

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef