Saltwater Aquarium/feather duster

tank while fish lady taking care of it
tank while fish lady t  
im new at taking care of a saltwater tank,its my boyfriend's and he did have someone to take care of it but not any more.since then we have lost shrimp,snails and an anemone and a im afraid the feather duster is dying.its turned mostly white instead of a flesh peachy color and very little of it blooms when the light comes on.ive also found some little worms in the sand.we have live rock,which the feather duster covers most of,two clown fish,the kinds like nemo,and a goldie.ive been getting saltwater at a fish store.i dont know what the salinity value is or what is was before the fish lady stopped showing up.any advice so i dont kill the rest of the tank?the fish seem to be fine.behavior is normal,appetite is is 8,ammonia is 0,nitrite is 0,nitrate is 0.

Feather dusters are suspension feeders / also called filter feeders, meaning they feed on minuscule particles that they pull from the water, therefore a diet consisting of phytoplankton and zooplankton should be provided for the proper care of these marine animals.

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef

Technical saltwater coral reef related aquarium questions are welcome. Coral, invertebrate, and peaceful species of saltwater fish questions are welcome. Questions asked on Saturday and Sunday will be answered the following Monday. REMINDER: Please check the answers pool to see if your question has already been asked and answered. Questions typically are answered within a 48 hour period, however sometimes it may take longer.

I possess over twenty-five years of hands-on experience and knowledge in the ecology of aquariums. Beyond the traditional, I have successfully tested and sustained environments that have been uncharted territories for hobbyists, for decades. I am the first to admit I don't know it all because there will always be something new, amazing, and exciting to learn about, as discoveries are made. It's a hobby one can never outgrow, or grow tired of.

MASNA - Marine Aquarium Society of North America. Director of Orange County Reef Aquatics -

Publications,, and many others.

After High School, my experience and love of marine animals influenced me to take up studies in Marine Biology. Throughout college, I studied Microbiology with an emphasis on Marine Life, as well as numerous other sciences. I continued to advance in this hobby, by building a dozen or more saltwater ecosystems all utilizing Microbes as the major source of my filtration method.