Saltwater Aquarium/Do I need a powerhead?

Question
I have a 20 gallon saltwater setup. Not doing hard coral, MAYBE softies eventually and a few polyps, not sure yet. But for now, I have a red skunk shrimp, peppermint shrimp, a Hawaiian duster, pyramid snail and a blue tuxedo urchin. I plan on getting Firefish within the next week or so, maybe a Goby or two. Do I need a power head in my tank? If so, what kind of flow should I go for? Thanks for your help in advance.

Answer
Hi Rich:

Sounds like you have a very nice 20 gallon set-up...

I do recommend that you implement a powerhead. Polyps and your Hawaiian Duster will depend on current (ebb and flow) to carry particulates of food to them in the water column, while your red skunk shrimp, and peppermint shrimp will look for water flow to help carry their old exoskeleton away after they've shed.

For a 20 gallon aquarium, (if your budget allows), I'd recommend an Ecotech Vortech MP10 Powerhead. See the following link below, from one of my favorite online aquarium supply stores, in reference to this product.

http://www.ocreef.com/ecotech_mp10_propeller_pump_with_ecosmart_driver-free_ship

I wish you great success with all of your saltwater aquarium endeavors.

David

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef