Saltwater Aquarium/About to Buy Lights

Listen, i set up a 38 gallon Aquarium, its basically 38" x 12" x 19" and i desperately need to add a new light fixture to it, I Hate T5's but can not afford LED's and i was wondering, before i spend my money on this fixture, could u tell me if it will support a Reef setup with coral? or will it be to much wattage, or too little? thank you

Tesla LED Aquarium Lighting
Tesla LED Aquarium Lig  
Hi Michael:

Nice to meet you.

These lights will do the job for some corals, but not all; however they are notorious for excessively raising the temperature of the aquarium water.

I'd personally recommend LED aquarium lighting. For just a little more money you can get much better and cooler running aquarium lighting.

See the link below from my favorite online aquarium supply store. The Tesla LED aquarium light is what I run over my SPS / LPS coral reef aquarium and I absolutely love it!

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef

Technical saltwater coral reef related aquarium questions are welcome. Coral, invertebrate, and peaceful species of saltwater fish questions are welcome. Questions asked on Saturday and Sunday will be answered the following Monday. REMINDER: Please check the answers pool to see if your question has already been asked and answered. Questions typically are answered within a 48 hour period, however sometimes it may take longer.

I possess over twenty-five years of hands-on experience and knowledge in the ecology of aquariums. Beyond the traditional, I have successfully tested and sustained environments that have been uncharted territories for hobbyists, for decades. I am the first to admit I don't know it all because there will always be something new, amazing, and exciting to learn about, as discoveries are made. It's a hobby one can never outgrow, or grow tired of.

MASNA - Marine Aquarium Society of North America. Director of Orange County Reef Aquatics -

Publications,, and many others.

After High School, my experience and love of marine animals influenced me to take up studies in Marine Biology. Throughout college, I studied Microbiology with an emphasis on Marine Life, as well as numerous other sciences. I continued to advance in this hobby, by building a dozen or more saltwater ecosystems all utilizing Microbes as the major source of my filtration method.