Saltwater Aquarium/Fibreglass in marine tank.

Hi Marcus I wonder if you can help me. I have an aqua reef 200 and been keeping fish for about 5 years. My tank is stable been running for about 3 years. Everything is healthy. My question is with the tank I got an AF-80L protein skimmer (stock) with the tank and at the time i was a bit clueless with using it. I was a bit inpatient with it and the canister snapped off the base and the Venturi cracked. I bought a Tunze skimmer to keep my water clean but im only getting round to fixing the stock one now. Will fibreglass be ok to seal the crack and fix the canister to the base and not be harmful to my livestock? The fibreglass I have is GRP. Thanks

Hello there Paul,

I am sory about the late replay, sometimes their are problems with the site and i do not get an email right away when i get your question immediately.

As for your question, im thinking its best to play it safe and only use sealant that is aquarium safe, as it does exist and im pretty sure you can find it at most home improvement stores.

hope that helps!

Saltwater Aquarium

i have about 15 years of experience in the reefing hobby but have been keeping aquariums for about 20, i am up to date on all the latest equipment such as led lighting, dosers, the new tanks available such as the red sea max and i can help you with many creatures that most other people have never even kept before such as sehorses, cephs, and sharks and rays.

15 years in the reefing hobby and it has come to my attention this site needs some more informed experts.

masters degree in marine biology