Saltwater Aquarium/Carpet Anemone eating Turbo Snail

Question
David, Quick question. I have a decent size carpet anemone about a 1FT in diameter. I just witnessed a large Mexican turbo snail fall right onto its mouth. I quickly tried to pull the snail off but the anemone was already swallowing it and the more I tugged the faster it swallowed it down. Am I going to be looking at a dead carpet anemone? Or will it be able to regeratate the shell back up? Im just worried since its good size this thing can really do a lot of harm Nuking the tank. Thanks so much!

Answer
Hi Taylor:

It should be okay, but continue to monitor it for signs of stress, just in case.

Mine have eaten both turbo snails and hermit crabs including the shells. Anything the anemone doesn't want to eat, it lets go of or spits out.

In conclusion, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, as crustaceans are part of their natural diet in nature.

I wish you the best of luck with all your future saltwater aquarium endeavors.

David

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef