Saltwater Aquarium/help identifiying this thing on my live rock moving around

Question
identify
identify  
have recently noticed a lot of stuff growing on my live rock
this latest is this sort of flat shell so to speak that has stripes on it the picture I attached it is located to the right of the chocolate chip startfish tentacle
it is the round thing with stripes

Answer
Hi Christopher:

It appears to be a micro mollusk; in my opinion it makes a nice welcome addition to your reef aquarium. They definitely add biodiversity to a well balanced reef aquarium ecosystem.

There are thousands of species of micro mollusks that span the tropical oceans around the globe, that come in on live rock, it's definitely not anything that will harm your aquarium.

I wish you the best of luck with all your reef aquarium endeavors.

David

(Visit OCReef.com for more educational information on reef aquariums)

Saltwater Aquarium

David Ocreef