Satellite Communications/satellite

Dear sir,

how to calculate any satellite receiving frequeny at the reveiver end .

Many thanks for your question.  Maybe I am misunderstanding your question (if so then please send me a clarification and I'll try again), but the receiving frequency is not something that you can calculate independant of knowing information about the uplink transmit frequency and the specific satellite being used.

All satellites transpond uplink frequencies to downlink frequencies according to the translation frequency of the satellite transponder being used. This is part of the satellite design, and you can't calculate it independently of knowing about the satellite design.

If you are trying to find out receiver frequencies, you can find these directly from websites such as or

I hope this helps.   Please remember to rate this answer.

Mark C J Posen C.Eng. MIET
RPC Telecommunications Ltd.

Satellite Communications

Mark C J Posen

I am happy to answer questions of a technical and regulatory nature in the area of satellite and radio communications. I am best able to answer questions about systems and technology and less able to respond to questions about specific hardware and equipment setup and installation, but I'm happy to try and address any question put my way. My main areas of expertise are link analysis (link budgets, performance, Eb/No, capacity), interference analysis (C/I, protection ratios, interference avoidance), spectrum management (frequency coordination, inter-system sharing), Radio Regulation (ITU, ITU-R) and satellite technologies and trends.

I have worked as a satellite communications engineer at a professional level since 1983. Since 1990, as Managing Director of RPC Telecommunications Limited, I have operated a private satellite communications consultancy and have provided technical support to many satellite operators and national governments.

IET - Institution of Engineering and Technology, IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers

B.Sc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bristol University, 1983, M.Sc. Satellite Communications Engineering, Surrey University, 1986

C.Eng. - Chartered Engineer registered with the Engineering Council (UK)