Satellite Communications/what can I do ?

hello sir

I m confronting a problem want to benefit from your experience for solving it

" I have a bachelor degree on electronics and communication system engineering , during my last years studies , I found that I tend to abstract science not to applied science "

I like and clever also excelled on all kind of mathematics , physics , mechanics , communication systems , but on theories and design I mean abstractly using pen,papers,sketches,manuals,specification,calculations,researches,books

but I hate

using my hand on work for instance

using electronic board - electronic components - avometer - any measuring tools - thin wires - cables - electronics equipment -  microprocessors - micro controller except theoretical part - programming language like c,c++,............

all jobs I faced required some one has practical skills or at least has readiness to learn practically the things I mentioned above

frankly I haven't readiness to do or just think to do that , there was one trial before by imposing myself to do that but I  feeling pain so I quit

noticed that I studied satellite communication - mobile communication - data transfer and computer network also fiber optics design

I want to be a designer , using theories or create something but on planning stage , want to escape from technical and practical stage on any kind of engineering applied science

my question please let me know which engineering positions names or jobs required my above skills without interacting with hatred  items I listed above or recommend me something or suggestion

thanks and best regards

Systems Engineering Vee
Systems Engineering Ve  
Dear “AO”

Based on the information that you provided, I would recommend that you explore employment as a communications system engineer. answers the question “What is communication systems engineering?” is link to MIT Open Courseware course on communication systems engineering.

The attached file (systems engineering vee.jpeg) is a nice visualization of the design and development of a system. The process starts at the upper left where systems engineers conduct feasibility studies, develop concepts of operations, identify the system requirements, and decompose the system requirements into subsystem requirement. At that point the hardware designers take over with high-level design, detailed design, implementation, testing at subsystem and systems levels. At this point the system engineer reengages – he ascertains that the product was built in accordance with the specifications (this is referred to as verification), and he then ascertains that the specifications were correct (this is referred to as validation).

To do describe verification and validation in a different way:
•   Verification: did we build it right?
•   Validation: did we build the right thing?

Systems engineering requires a lot of analysis such as tradeoffs between cost, power, weight, and risk. Systems engineering, in general, requires very little in the way of building hardware.

I hope that this answers your question. If so, please complete the evaluation form. If not, come back for clarification.

Thomas Burke, Ph.D., PMP  

Satellite Communications

Thomas E. Burke

No restrictions on questions.

Forty years of experience with satellite communications. Have held roles as system engineer on JPL Mariner 9 program and a program manager for a number of classified communication satellite programs. Served as head of TRW / Defense Communications Division / Engineering Development Operation, a 1,400-person organization responsible for all aspects of classified communication satellite design and development.

Ph.D. Chemistry, California Institute of Technology (1969) B.A. magna cum laude Chemistry, University of Minnesota (1962)