Satellite Communications/How to calculate EIRP margin

Question

I'am well aware of equation to calculate the carrier EIRP by Sat. EIRP - 10*log10 (Tp Bandwidth/Allocated Bandwidth), what I'am about to ask is how can I calculate margin for this carrier EIRP?. Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Mr Mashkov,
In satellite link budget calculations, we do not calculate Margin for EIRP. Effectively we calculate Link Margin with respect to modulation scheme used for the respective up or down link (ewnd to end) and is related to Eb/No. The figure for Margin allows us to calculate the maximum utilisation of Bandwidth and Power from the Satellite resources for good quality of Link performance. May be if you can refer to Link equations more closely you may understand the concept. Cheers/GTRao

Satellite Communications

TIRUMALA RAO G