Satellite Communications/Maximum permissible EIRP Density Limit

Question
QUESTION: What is maximum permissible satellite Downlink EIRP Density Limit for GSO/GSO in:

C-Band (off-axis angle: 8 degrees)
Ku-Band (off-axis angle: 7 degrees)
Ka-Band (off-axis angle: 8 degrees)

Please indicate relevant ITU recommendation/article etc

Is there ITU recommendation (other than 524) for maximum permissible Uplink off-axis EIRP for Earth Station in C, Ku and Ka bands

Somayyah

ANSWER: Hi Mr Somayyah,
So far I know ITU 524 continues to give the required specifications for the parameter in question. They keep reeasing 524-xxxxversions as and when new standards are updated. You may refer the same. Sometimes these specs are referred with country specific restrictions also but by ITU only.
Cheers/GTRao

QUESTION: Thanks for the response

As per my understanding, ITU recommendation 524-9 (latest) provides the uplink off-axis EIRP Density limits for Earth stations only. But I've not gown through any recomendation for Downlink On-axis EIRP density limits for Satellites.

Typical values of Satellite Downlink EIRP is 44dBW in C band, 55dBW in Ku band, 66dBW in Ka band, but I want to know the reference EIRP density limit for achieving coordination.

Please indicate the relevant ITU article/recommendation (if any) or any other worldwide standard

Thanks and regards
Somayyah

Answer
Hi Mr Somayyah,
You may please refer the below given link. This link mentions as to what is important as far as regulatory and mandatory requirements are.
The standards are established by ITU which the specific country has to follow. However the re is no specific standard for DOWNLINK density: It is satellite designers to decide based on the adjacent satellite spacing channel interference and the Ground Coverage that the satellite is designed for. The numbers you mentioned are typical satellite EIRP specifications and you can see higher values for Ku and Ka Bands because they happen to be Spot Beams and C band normally is a Global beam. So the Ground coverage contours are important and not standard downlink EIRP.

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view;jsessionid=ftM3P59hD1GJ2nhdK3pGJZkrcmfc1h

Cheers/GTRao
PLEASE DO NOT RATE ME FOR THE ANSWER.
THANKS FOR THE EARLIER NOMINATION BUT THE RATINGS DO NOT REFLECT REALITY!!!

Satellite Communications

TIRUMALA RAO G