Satellite Communications/Circular polarization to lineal polarization

Question
Hello,

I had a pre-project that is to change the polarization from circular to lineal polarization what points do I have to know to make it possible.

The transition from circular to lineal.

Thank you

Answer
Hi edu
There is no need to use any transition for receiving circular polarised wave with linear element. Whether it is Right Circular or Left, it contains both Horizontal and Vertical (linear) components and you will receive the corresponding Linear Component when using Linear element: however the signal strength will be 3 dB less than the total strength in the circular wave front. This is unavoidable.
Cheers/GTRao

Satellite Communications

TIRUMALA RAO G