Satellite Communications/I HAVE A DELEVERY

Question
(This is not a spam or a homework question)
When we sent  text messages, they usually get delivered straight away, but some don’t get delivered straight away so I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: wot does it mean by “waiting for delivery”?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Mr Cameron
Technically, in Mobile Systems the Voice Application is real time, so the call goes directly to the called Party without an intermediary. When messages are sent the message is delivered first to a Server,  Buffered in the Server and then retransmitted to the Receiver. The server waits for the receiver to be ready to receive and then  only it sends there. Till that time, the message is waiting in the Server. After the message is sent then it is cleared from Server. So there may be a latency in the delivery of the message depending on the status of receiver or available bandwidth between Server and Receiver. However server sends the sender an alert that "waiting for delivery". Hope you are clear. By the by voice is a guaranteed service in Mobile Communications but Message is NOT a guaranteed service but technology development is making it better now a days.
Cheers/GTRao

Satellite Communications

TIRUMALA RAO G