Saudi Arabia/SCHOOLING

Question
RECENTLY I HAVE SHIFTED MY JOB TO YANBU SAUDI ARABIA. MY DAUGHTER IS IN XI STANDARD COMMERCE. IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE HER SCHOOLING FROM INDIA TO YANBU AT THE EARLIEST. I MEAN WILL SHE BE ABLE TO APPEAR FOR HER XI EXAMS WHICH WILL BE IN MARCH 2013.

IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET THE VISIT VISA FOR MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER AND LATER CAN BE CHANGE TO PERMANENT BY MY EMPLOYER.

THANKS.

Answer
First, I'm not an expert on the Indian system so, "XI Standard Commerce" doesn't mean a lot to me.  I can probably find someone who is a real expert but, I don't think it will make a difference.

There is nothing in Yanbu for girls after the 10th year, or the year where kids in the Cambridge systems would take their "O" levels.  There is no instruction in the Indian system after that point at least formally.  There are so many Indians around and educated Indians at that, it wouldn't surprise me if someone was doing exam prep. informally, but I don't really have access to that group of people.

For A levels and some Indian exams, the embassy school in Jeddah does both instruction and the exams, but you have to get to Jeddah, and most people aren't interested in a 3 hour drive on a regular basis to do the coursework. You might be able to go to the Embassy website and figure out if there is a local site for the specific test you are interested in or even coursework offered for it at the Embassy school.  But, I'm pretty sure that neither the test nor the coursework is offered anyplace locally#Yanbu#.

In terms of visa, again, you need an expert.  Your company should have someone who is an expert and they should be able to tell you if the visa your on will allow you to bring your wife and child to Saudi.  My understanding of the visa system here is that is what makes the difference.  If you are here on a "professional" visa then you can sponsor others, if not, then you can't.  Would just depend upon what kind of visa you have as to if you could sponsor your wife coming over or not.

Saudi Arabia

Mark Lasater