You are here:

Saudi Arabia/transfer family visa


dear sir,
I, alan i would like to ask a question about my visa, i came with my wife,s visa last week and now i got a job. they are asking me to transfer visa to their company. wife's sponsor also ready to give transfer to that company after getting my iqama. my question is there is any time period for transferring family visa to work visa?. Or can i transfer my visa at the earliest.

Thanks & regards,

I am not an expert in this, you need to find a visa expert.  Your company should have one and if you can't trust that person you are probably already in trouble

But, this all sounds shady to me.  I didn't know that you could transfer a visit visa to a work visa without returning to your home country.

Some kinds of visa's can be transferred and others can't, again, making that distinction would take an expert.

I've heard of companies transferring visa's, but they do it by changing the type of profession on the visa, and who knows what that leads to in the long run.  

Saudi Arabia

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Lasater


All kinds of issues dealing with children transitioning to Saudi Arabia (specifically Yanbu and Jubail). This is particularly the case if your moving from the US. Can I find special ed. services in Yanbu? How do my child's High School credits transfer from or to an American or Canadian school? What kinds of activities are available either independently our through schools in the Yanbu/Jubail area? What are the schools like in Yanbu and Jubail?


My wife and I have spent the last four years in Saudi, three years in Jubail and one in Yanbu. We both work for the International Schools Group. I'm a counselor/vice-principal and my wife is a teacher. We've worked abroad now for 8 years, spending four years in Taskent, Uzbekistan before coming here. However, as I'm part of ISG, I have access to a vast range of experiences and knowledge. ISG has several hundred employees in seven campuses, if I don't know the answer about something educational, I can find somebody who does.

National Education Association(NEA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Association of School Counselors (NASC)

Bachelor degree in Elementary education-Licensed in Kansas to teach math, reading, science, elementary counseling and secondary counseling (12 years experience in the US), Masters Degree in Counseling, Certified Professional Counselor (Kansas Licensed), currently working on an administrative degree. My Wife-- bachelor early childhood special ed., Masters in Early Childhood Education, Masters in Early Childhood Special ed. 8 years working in early childhood Special ed in the US-- We both have course work in ESL, enough for a license endorsement, but we've not actually done it

©2017 All rights reserved.