Saudi Arabia/tv channels

QUESTION: hi mark
please need advice on getting american tv/uk tv channels
recently moved from uk
hate watching it from online
wat kind of dish we need to buy and from where
how much would they cost
thanks in advance

ANSWER: These guys are just like Direct TV in the states, will come out and install the hardware and set you up with a subscription package.  I've had them do set up for me in three different houses and it seems like they do pretty good work.  Only thing, I've never actually dealt with them directly, I've always lived on compounds and there has always been a guy around who makes the arrangements to get it all done.  I did once upgrade my subscription through the web site and it worked great.  So, if your on a compound, ask  around a bit, I'll bet somebody does the work.  Here is the web site:

QUESTION: hi mark
thanks a lot for the quick reply...
so do you get american/uk channels like latest series
is this the only option
thanks again

Yes, OSN advertises that they do same day coverage of the live shows, things like Survivor and American Idol.  I'm not a fan of those so I don't watch them much.  I do watch NBC Nightly News nearly every morning and during the week and Meet The Press on Sundays with just a  bit of delay (watch the new from the US starting at about 6 the next day, but they may run it live earlier#, same for Good Morning America. Sky News seems to be live to me as does CNN.  Strangely, OSN News combines a number of news channels so they show the leftwing shows and the rightwing commentator shows back to back #that is confusing if you haven't lived in the US in a while).  I watch Sons of Anarchy and True Blood in what I think is about a 4 month shift from when they air in the US.  When I get back to the US in the summer I can buy the season I just watched on OSN Series on DVD.  OSN also does pay-per-view and you can watch movies there at about the same time they come out on DVD in the US.

Saudi Arabia

Mark Lasater

All kinds of issues dealing with children transitioning to Saudi Arabia (specifically Yanbu and Jubail). This is particularly the case if your moving from the US. Can I find special ed. services in Yanbu? How do my child's High School credits transfer from or to an American or Canadian school? What kinds of activities are available either independently our through schools in the Yanbu/Jubail area? What are the schools like in Yanbu and Jubail?

My wife and I have spent the last four years in Saudi, three years in Jubail and one in Yanbu. We both work for the International Schools Group. I'm a counselor/vice-principal and my wife is a teacher. We've worked abroad now for 8 years, spending four years in Taskent, Uzbekistan before coming here. However, as I'm part of ISG, I have access to a vast range of experiences and knowledge. ISG has several hundred employees in seven campuses, if I don't know the answer about something educational, I can find somebody who does.

National Education Association(NEA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Association of School Counselors (NASC)

Bachelor degree in Elementary education-Licensed in Kansas to teach math, reading, science, elementary counseling and secondary counseling (12 years experience in the US), Masters Degree in Counseling, Certified Professional Counselor (Kansas Licensed), currently working on an administrative degree. My Wife-- bachelor early childhood special ed., Masters in Early Childhood Education, Masters in Early Childhood Special ed. 8 years working in early childhood Special ed in the US-- We both have course work in ESL, enough for a license endorsement, but we've not actually done it