Saudi Arabia/place to live for family in Yabu KSA

Question
By googling I have found all different types of resident places
but can't discriminate which are safe or for foreigners.
hear I am needing help of Experts.
since my husband might come late often so the safety comes first.

1. Hope to know all the names of camps in yabu for foreigners.(EX. the cove or Royal commission ect.#
2. and their neighbor nationalities.#EX. Britich and American live most or non English speaker lives most#
2. rage of their rent rates, payment type, and min. contract year#EX. submitting 4 bank checks per year or per monthly)

Answer

All of the expats that I know who are living in Yanbu are living in company paid housing, be that in one of the camps in the RC or in a compound.  I can give you generalities, but specifics here are difficult.  I suspect that is because everyone here makes their own deals, the companies get discounts because they rent lots of units.  Individuals, well, I suppose it depends upon who you know.

The camps are mostly in the RC, all reasonably safe and a mix of all kinds of expats.  I don't know anyone actually paying rent to live in a camp.

The Cove is the newest compound.  Beautiful new villas and apartments, huge pool and its own beach as well as rec center, shop, and restaurant.  I believe someone told me that apartments there star at around 150,000 SAR/year.  I've no idea how that is paid.

Arabian homes has similar amenities but everything is a bit older.  I think a two bedroom apartment starts at 130,000 SAR/year.

Security at the compounds is on par with an embassy.  A walled compound and armed guards at the perimeter.

A friend of mine and his family rented a 5 bedroom home plus maid's quarters in the RC a year ago, they were paying about 90,000 SAR/year.  They were surrounded by Saudi's who lived such different hours, it just didn't work out in the end.

Many of our Indian and Pakistani kids live in 3 and 4 bedroom apartments in the RC.  Because there are just so many Indian and Pakistani families in Yanbu, I suspect wherever you live, there are a few around (even in the compounds).  As some companies tend to hire one nationality preferentially, I suspect that means that there may be Camps out there that have a larger group of one nationality than another, but that kind of thing can change from year to year.

Saudi Arabia

Mark Lasater