Saudi Arabia/How to study MBBS in king saud university. am from nigeria

QUESTION: assalam, pls am from nigeria how can i get admission into KSU to study medicine

ANSWER: You know that even Saudi's who graduate from Saudi med. schools can't get jobs here.  I've yet to meet a practicing Saudi physician who did his medical degree in Saudi.  Most doctors practicing in Saudi Hospitals are Egyptians.  Anybody in an administrative position has a degree from Europe or North America.

Here is the web page for KSU:

It looks to me like it comes down to your previous marks in whatever curriculum that you came from.

Have you looked at Romania?  They don't seem to be choosy about who they take as long as the check clears or your cash is the right color.  I don't attest that Romanian medical degrees are any better than Saudi ones, but they are at least in the EU.

QUESTION: Hlo. Am from nigeria and i want to study MBBS at king saud university pls how can i get admission.

I don't really know the nuts and bolts of applying.  

They have all kinds of links on their homepage but I can't find anything that looks like an application.  On the homepage there is a huge PDF file that is some kind of admissions document, but most of it is in Arabic.  On the bottom of that same page (way at the bottom, tiny print, left side of the page) is a form or two, all written in Arabic, might be an admissions form, might not.

If I were you, I'd try to call them

Good luck with that one.

Dealing with Saudi bureaucracies, for the most part, is like banging your head against the wall.  It gives you a terrible headache and bothers the wall not at all.

Saudi Arabia

Mark Lasater

All kinds of issues dealing with children transitioning to Saudi Arabia (specifically Yanbu and Jubail). This is particularly the case if your moving from the US. Can I find special ed. services in Yanbu? How do my child's High School credits transfer from or to an American or Canadian school? What kinds of activities are available either independently our through schools in the Yanbu/Jubail area? What are the schools like in Yanbu and Jubail?

My wife and I have spent the last four years in Saudi, three years in Jubail and one in Yanbu. We both work for the International Schools Group. I'm a counselor/vice-principal and my wife is a teacher. We've worked abroad now for 8 years, spending four years in Taskent, Uzbekistan before coming here. However, as I'm part of ISG, I have access to a vast range of experiences and knowledge. ISG has several hundred employees in seven campuses, if I don't know the answer about something educational, I can find somebody who does.

National Education Association(NEA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Association of School Counselors (NASC)

Bachelor degree in Elementary education-Licensed in Kansas to teach math, reading, science, elementary counseling and secondary counseling (12 years experience in the US), Masters Degree in Counseling, Certified Professional Counselor (Kansas Licensed), currently working on an administrative degree. My Wife-- bachelor early childhood special ed., Masters in Early Childhood Education, Masters in Early Childhood Special ed. 8 years working in early childhood Special ed in the US-- We both have course work in ESL, enough for a license endorsement, but we've not actually done it