You are here:

Saudi Arabia/Medicine - Saudi Arabia



My name is Jothilingam.  I got offer from saudi arabia - riyadh.  I have some clarification there.  Currently i am taking medicine for digestion Name like (seruten & other medicine like sugar problem)  is it possible to carry medicine bulk probably 1 year possible?.  What is other alternative am i suppose to take.

And is it possible to send medicine from India to Saudi by way of courier.  Guide me

Thanks & Regards

I'm not a doctor, all I can do is tell you about my experiences.  If I were you I'd contact the health officer at your company and have them check on the specific brands of medicine you're looking for.

But, we bring prescription drugs over, with the prescription in their original bottles in quantities for a year.

We bring them with us because the drug, though available here, is only available in the generic form.  This is the case with many medicines here.  You can generally find the drug, but sometimes it is being produced by another company or under a different brand name.  Go to a doctor here and tell them what you take, most of the time they can find an equivalent.

We have shipped over-the-counter drugs via courier with no problems.

Saudi Arabia

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Lasater


All kinds of issues dealing with children transitioning to Saudi Arabia (specifically Yanbu and Jubail). This is particularly the case if your moving from the US. Can I find special ed. services in Yanbu? How do my child's High School credits transfer from or to an American or Canadian school? What kinds of activities are available either independently our through schools in the Yanbu/Jubail area? What are the schools like in Yanbu and Jubail?


My wife and I have spent the last four years in Saudi, three years in Jubail and one in Yanbu. We both work for the International Schools Group. I'm a counselor/vice-principal and my wife is a teacher. We've worked abroad now for 8 years, spending four years in Taskent, Uzbekistan before coming here. However, as I'm part of ISG, I have access to a vast range of experiences and knowledge. ISG has several hundred employees in seven campuses, if I don't know the answer about something educational, I can find somebody who does.

National Education Association(NEA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Association of School Counselors (NASC)

Bachelor degree in Elementary education-Licensed in Kansas to teach math, reading, science, elementary counseling and secondary counseling (12 years experience in the US), Masters Degree in Counseling, Certified Professional Counselor (Kansas Licensed), currently working on an administrative degree. My Wife-- bachelor early childhood special ed., Masters in Early Childhood Education, Masters in Early Childhood Special ed. 8 years working in early childhood Special ed in the US-- We both have course work in ESL, enough for a license endorsement, but we've not actually done it

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]