You are here:

Saudi Arabia/What Blacklist Means in KSA?


i am currently leaving the KSA on exit-reentry visa permanently. My iqama will expire in further 3 moths. I have already completed my two years contract with the employer and after 3 months it is going to be 4 years with the same employer. I had car on lease from a local bank, which i will leave and go, without settling it with the bank. I have heard that they will blacklist me in this case.
Now my question is, what does blacklist means and for how many years i cannot enter the country?

Not an expert in this sort of thing, but if you owe a debt in Saudi and don't pay it, they will put you in jail till the debt is paid.

If the bank were to tack some sort of penalty onto your lease agreement for not completing the lease and you left it unpaid, you might be in trouble returning to the country.

The only place I've ever seen a black list is on the phone company website and that only seemed to apply to Saudi's.

My advice, talk to the lease holder and make sure they aren't going to come after you in the future for having broken the lease.

Saudi Arabia

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Lasater


All kinds of issues dealing with children transitioning to Saudi Arabia (specifically Yanbu and Jubail). This is particularly the case if your moving from the US. Can I find special ed. services in Yanbu? How do my child's High School credits transfer from or to an American or Canadian school? What kinds of activities are available either independently our through schools in the Yanbu/Jubail area? What are the schools like in Yanbu and Jubail?


My wife and I have spent the last four years in Saudi, three years in Jubail and one in Yanbu. We both work for the International Schools Group. I'm a counselor/vice-principal and my wife is a teacher. We've worked abroad now for 8 years, spending four years in Taskent, Uzbekistan before coming here. However, as I'm part of ISG, I have access to a vast range of experiences and knowledge. ISG has several hundred employees in seven campuses, if I don't know the answer about something educational, I can find somebody who does.

National Education Association(NEA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Association of School Counselors (NASC)

Bachelor degree in Elementary education-Licensed in Kansas to teach math, reading, science, elementary counseling and secondary counseling (12 years experience in the US), Masters Degree in Counseling, Certified Professional Counselor (Kansas Licensed), currently working on an administrative degree. My Wife-- bachelor early childhood special ed., Masters in Early Childhood Education, Masters in Early Childhood Special ed. 8 years working in early childhood Special ed in the US-- We both have course work in ESL, enough for a license endorsement, but we've not actually done it

©2017 All rights reserved.