Saudi Arabia/motorcycle touring in Saudi Arabia

Question
My brother and I (both US Citizens) would like to rent motorcycles and tour Saudi Arabia. Could this be done? Is there rental available?

Answer
You know, renting a bike never even occurred to me till I saw your question.  I've rented Harley's in the US and have been a rider for years, even looked at buying a bike here but couldn't justify the expense given that I don't expect to be here forever (some people come and stay).

There are lots of Harley riders around, just got back from a trip to DH and the city was full of them over the local Spring Break.

I've been in Harley dealerships in both Jeddah and Dhahran and there was no mention of renting a bike there.  Though it wouldn't be the first time I've talked to a Saudi business man and had him forget what it was he was selling or servicing.  I was interested in a BMW dual purpose bike, and found a guy who deals them in Riyadh a few years back, but he was all about the sale, no leasing or rentals.

When I saw your email I did a quick search and found these guys in Dubai:

http://motorcyclerentalsdubai.com/

They do tours and rentals.  The website certainly makes it look like fun.

These folks http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/forwood/saudiar2.shtml claim that getting a bike across the boarder is no problem. So, maybe you could rent one in Dubai or Bahrain and ride it across the boarder.  They also claim and seem to have pictures of a women on a motorcycle, and that I find really hard to believe.

Saudi Arabia

Mark Lasater