You are here:

Saudi Arabia/motorcycle touring in Saudi Arabia


My brother and I (both US Citizens) would like to rent motorcycles and tour Saudi Arabia. Could this be done? Is there rental available?

You know, renting a bike never even occurred to me till I saw your question.  I've rented Harley's in the US and have been a rider for years, even looked at buying a bike here but couldn't justify the expense given that I don't expect to be here forever (some people come and stay).

There are lots of Harley riders around, just got back from a trip to DH and the city was full of them over the local Spring Break.

I've been in Harley dealerships in both Jeddah and Dhahran and there was no mention of renting a bike there.  Though it wouldn't be the first time I've talked to a Saudi business man and had him forget what it was he was selling or servicing.  I was interested in a BMW dual purpose bike, and found a guy who deals them in Riyadh a few years back, but he was all about the sale, no leasing or rentals.

When I saw your email I did a quick search and found these guys in Dubai:

They do tours and rentals.  The website certainly makes it look like fun.

These folks claim that getting a bike across the boarder is no problem. So, maybe you could rent one in Dubai or Bahrain and ride it across the boarder.  They also claim and seem to have pictures of a women on a motorcycle, and that I find really hard to believe.

Saudi Arabia

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Lasater


All kinds of issues dealing with children transitioning to Saudi Arabia (specifically Yanbu and Jubail). This is particularly the case if your moving from the US. Can I find special ed. services in Yanbu? How do my child's High School credits transfer from or to an American or Canadian school? What kinds of activities are available either independently our through schools in the Yanbu/Jubail area? What are the schools like in Yanbu and Jubail?


My wife and I have spent the last four years in Saudi, three years in Jubail and one in Yanbu. We both work for the International Schools Group. I'm a counselor/vice-principal and my wife is a teacher. We've worked abroad now for 8 years, spending four years in Taskent, Uzbekistan before coming here. However, as I'm part of ISG, I have access to a vast range of experiences and knowledge. ISG has several hundred employees in seven campuses, if I don't know the answer about something educational, I can find somebody who does.

National Education Association(NEA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Association of School Counselors (NASC)

Bachelor degree in Elementary education-Licensed in Kansas to teach math, reading, science, elementary counseling and secondary counseling (12 years experience in the US), Masters Degree in Counseling, Certified Professional Counselor (Kansas Licensed), currently working on an administrative degree. My Wife-- bachelor early childhood special ed., Masters in Early Childhood Education, Masters in Early Childhood Special ed. 8 years working in early childhood Special ed in the US-- We both have course work in ESL, enough for a license endorsement, but we've not actually done it

©2017 All rights reserved.