Saxophone/4 Old Saxophones

Steve wrote at 2010-10-31 04:42:50
Horn number 3 is not a model 35 which would have said VITO on it and more then likely had an A at the end of the serial number.

It is instead a Model 100 if it is an alto or a model 120 if it is a tenor. In either case it is more rare then the vito model 35.

Value for the model 100 $700 to $1000

Value for the Model 120 $1500 to $1800

RAM wrote at 2012-11-19 22:11:17
I would not trust the answer regarding the Paris Leblanc Sax; the sound of the true Paris Leblanc Sax made in the 60's to perhaps early 80's is open and uncompromising -- it is not a channeled sound like that of the Selmer as you can tell if anyone is playing a Selmer just by hearing it - everyone sounds pretty much the same playing a Selmer.  The Paris Leblanc is one of the most coveted saxes, rare, and was stopped in production because it became so expensive to produce $5000 to $8000 when they stopped making them some 20+ years ago.  They were the only sax with precision adjustments and xtremely well made by the finest craftsmen.

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera