Saxophone/Alto sax

ProfLeighton wrote at 2013-05-10 01:53:30
I have one of these,purchased in Indiana,not far from Elkhart. Mine is all brass

and was relaquered long ago,then moisture damaged in neglect for decades.

I recently had the horn repaded but then it wasn't so great and I'm learning so

was never sure if my playing was so bad or the horn had just seen its day

Before giving up I went to Perry Ritter's shop  in NYC up on 47th st. ,for a professional

go over. From the moment he saw the horn he said "It's a Martin" . When he returned the horn

to me really was ...a Martin. I feel lucky I got this horn and lucky again I found Perry.Now Im in ...The New Era ....

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.