Saxophone/Keilwerth "The New King" ts. pad heights

Benjamin Lewando wrote at 2013-01-02 15:24:51
Your New King was built with extremely low action, and came originally with very thin pads. With the new factory setup, an ordinary pencil will not fit under any of the pads above the bow.

Just Saxes, New Orleans

Anything related to saxophones, particularly vintage saxophones. *Please note*: most of the questions seem to be requests for value estimates of one kind or another from laypersons -- unfortunately that means I have to ask that you observe some firm rules about providing information (photos) so that I can better assist you (see requirements below). Please be aware that when it comes to the value of a saxophone, condition is everything. Condition is absolutely impossible to divine over the internet, unless you are a good player who can provide a sound sample, and very detailed photographs, covering every millimeter of the saxophone in question. Questions such as regard the presence or absence of original parts influence value greatly, as much as 90% or more. If you want an estimate of any kind, no matter how rough & ready, please provide at least 12 photographs, and a link to them, hosted on a server that allows me to access them. This is especially important when asking about off-brands, as there are many older vintage brands whose names have been borrowed or bought by companies selling modern saxophones from Taiwan or China. (An "off-brand" in this case is any brand except: Conn, King, Martin, Buescher, Buffet, Selmer, Keilwerth, Yamaha, Yanagisawa or SML. If your question refers to a brand not among those mentioned, please be sure to upload at least one *detailed* photograph of the saxophone in question when asking for information on that saxophone.) IF YOU HAVE A STENCIL OR OFF-BRAND, and you are looking for identification or dating, you must provide at least 12 photos, with close-ups and detail shots, in order to receive an answer.

9 years buying, selling, repairing saxophones, and only saxophones. is one of the best known vintage saxophone outlets on the web. Experience recording saxophones as well, having engineered, played on, and produced an album with The Fats Domino Orchestra's horn section.

New Orleans Review;; articles linked across the web.

Master of Arts, New York University

Rude to name clients to borrow their fame. Many well known saxophonists, most of New Orleans' top saxophonists at one time or another.