Saxophone/selmer mark vi alto & tenor

My husband died last year and I have his horns to sell.  The alto has a serial no. M556**. The tenors ser.# is M229***. Could you tell me what year each of them were made? They were both made in France.

Hi Joann,

Sorry to hear of your husband's passing.

The alto was made in 1954 and the tenor in 1974. Both are desirable horns, especially in original condition. Please let know if you need any other help.

Have a blessed day!

Jeff "Doc" Frazier
owner - J and J Woodwinds  

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe