Saxophone/Alto Saxophones

I have 2 Alto Saxophones which I purchased in the USA.
1).Conn Shooting Star serial number E29842 and
2).Selmer Bundy 11 serial number 950668. I am trying to date them before I try to sell them.
Please could you let me know how old they are.

Though I would need to see a picture of both horns to help date them more accurately, here is what we can discern form your notes as long as they are true:

The "E" prefix dates your Conn to around 1965

The Selmer Bundy II dates to the late 1980's

Despite the names attached to these horns (Selmer and Shooting Star) they are abundant and beginner horns - these typically sell for only a few hundred dollars each on site like e-bay and they must be in very good playing condition.  

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.