can u write me the notes from the piano C notes to the E flat alto sax notes ?? i gotta play for my church programme n i'm the only guy to play the sax so i need your help..

The Eb alto is so named because when you play a C (middle finger LH) it comes out like an Eb on piano.  A nice phrase to remember is "My C = Concert Key" - this works on any instrument.

Here is a chart for the basic notes - you should be able to fill in the flats and sharps from here:

Alto Sax     Concert Pitch
A          C
B          D
C          Eb
D          F
E          G
F          Ab
G          Bb

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.